Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am not much for traditional female fashion.Emily Blunt


Emily Blunt on UK ElleEmily Blunt tells Elle UK that she isn't much for traditional female fashion.

"I think I tend to dress quite hard," she tells the magazine for their September issue (via our friends at StyleList). "I'm definitely not a frilly girl and I don't wear dresses that much." 

For the cover, the 27-year-old British actress wears sexy head-to-toe lace, donning a sheer blush and black dress from Valentino's Fall 2010 collection paired with black lace tights. Inside, she wears lots of flowy frocks in varying states of transparency.

"My style has changed, I hope dramatically. Because it started off kind of worrying and questionable," Blunt says in this behind-the-scenes video of the shoot.

"I now own what I wear, and I guess I dress a bit stronger now, a bit tougher than I used to. When I was a kid I used to like wearing men's colorful vests with white jeans. So, hopefully it's changed a bit."

And when it comes to dressing herself for big awards shows or movie premieres, Blunt says the fashion police are the least of her concerns.

"When it's a red-carpet thing, I think it's good to just go for it," she says. "Who cares if someone hates it? If I love something -- if I think it's edgy and cool -- I don't care what anyone else thinks."

The star is equally down-to-earth when it comes to images of her in magazines and once again discusses her distaste for airbrushing.

"I don't like it when they stretch you out and make you all long and skinny," she says. "It makes you look like a Barbie. Who the hell looks like that?"

To read Blunt's full Elle UK interview, pick up the September issue on newsstands Aug. 4. Blunt has a busy fall, starring in 'The Adjustment Bureau' with Matt Damon and 'Gulliver's Travels' with Jack Black.